Ashraf Elmlik, a student in our International-Trained PharmD Program, talks about why he chose CU’s Skaggs School of Pharmacy and how it helped in fulfilling his dreams.
With more than 2,000 items collected and donated by faculty, staff and PharmD students for the Colfax Community Network, this year’s Holiday Drive was tremendously successful. Socks were the clear gift of choice with more than 685 pairs collected, which will definitely warm many feet and hearts this holiday season! Teams consisted of each PharmD class pitted against each other and a team of faculty/staff. Read More
Graduates of the University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences are capturing some of the most sought after residencies in the nation. The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists reported that in 2015 4,358 candidates competed for only 3,006 PGY1 (Post-Graduate Year 1) positions. Despite there being more candidates than residencies, our students are finding themselves competitive, with students placing in top programs at University of California Davis, Johns Hopkins, Stanford University, University of Illinois at Chicago, University of Chicago, and Mayo Clinic Health System. Read More
Interested in a PharmD but don’t know what to do with the degree? CU PharmD student, Ben Leung, chose to get his PharmD because of the many different roles a pharmacist can do in health care. See for yourself.
San Luis Valley Health is seeking a full time Pharmacy Director to oversee all aspects of the Pharmacy Department including:
- managing costs and revenue planning
- ensuring that the department maintains alignment with the hospital’s strategic goals
- providing leadership and direction for the Department of Pharmacy
- participating in the planning and execution of medication related initiatives within the institution
- ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations dealing with the practice of pharmacy